SOLVED Joining windows 10 to domain

Reaction score
Hello All:

I am having a problem joining my windows 10 computer to my domain. The computer is already set to a domain and I am trying to change it to my domain. I have windows server 2012R2 essentials installed on the server and the domain is stone-and-stone.local. The domain on the computer is stone-and-stone.com. When I attempt to change the dpmain to stone-and-stone.local I get the following error message:

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "STONE-AND-STONE.LOCAL":

The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.STONE-AND-STONE.LOCAL

Common causes of this error include the following:

- The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain. They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:

- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone:

STONE-AND-STONE.LOCAL
LOCAL
. (the root zone)

I am hopeful that someone can help me get this computer connected to the stone-and-stone.local domain, Thanks for any and all responses, Allen

Reaction score
Hello All:

I am having a problem joining my windows 10 computer to my domain. The computer is already set to a domain and I am trying to change it to my domain. I have windows server 2012R2 essentials installed on the server and the domain is stone-and-stone.local. The domain on the computer is stone-and-stone.com. When I attempt to change the dpmain to stone-and-stone.local I get the following error message:

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "STONE-AND-STONE.LOCAL":

The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.STONE-AND-STONE.LOCAL

Common causes of this error include the following:

- The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain. They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:

- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone:

STONE-AND-STONE.LOCAL
LOCAL
. (the root zone)

I am hopeful that someone can help me get this computer connected to the stone-and-stone.local domain, Thanks for any and all responses, Allen

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi:

That was so long ago that I have forgotten how the problem was fixed, sorry, Allen

Ask a Question