Problem with win 10 (1703) and right click after joining the domain

Reaction score
Peace, the suspected programs causing this are nvidia and desktopgadgetsrestored. i updated nvidia and removed the later but the problem remains. the computer is joined to a 2016 domain.
So far, I tried,
sfc /scannow
that found errors and fixed them.
the i tried, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
and lastly,
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
which stuck at 94.6% and asked for a source to restore...
the problem does not appear when i right click a file.
Any help?

Reaction score
I've been trying to post this on the microsoft forums but it kept throwing an error, so sorry i forgot to mention that the problem is that right clicking takes about 5 seconds to display!

Reaction score
You were so hopeful that that would help, but of course it didn't. some programs stopped working (as usual after such updates) and so i uninstalled desktopgadgetsrevived again. I'm thinking of deleting the whole profile now. Any more bright ideas?

Reaction score
HI Majed,

you could delete the old profile completely and then try setting it up again?, I assume you did the full upgrade to version 1709?. ;)

Reaction score
I tried deleting the profile and it said not all files were deleted. then i set it up again and it took a few minutes as always and prepare for it.. it still didn't work, could it be the right click is sending packets to the domain and waiting for a reply?

Reaction score
HI Majed,

you could try resetting the PC and still keep all your files intact, it might do the trick but I really don't know?:

Settings > Updates & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC > Get started and select "Keep my files". :) THIS WILL REMOVE ANY APPS YOU HAVE INSTALLED BUT KEEP YOUR PERSONAL FILES INTACT!. ;)

recovery.JPG

keep my files.JPG

Reaction score
I tried restoring to original state but it reached more than 38% and gave an error that it can not restore to the original state.
I tried quite a while ago to restore windows with the help of a usb disk, is that the next step?

Reaction score
Reaction score
I ended up formating and installing the latest version and before anything, I joined the domain and there was no problem with the right click so the domain controller is out of the question. Then I started installing the drivers and the problem reoccured when I installed the intel vga driver. I tried updating the driver to the latest version, used the driver on motherboard's manufacturer site, but to no solution. i downloaded shellxview-x64 from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html#DownloadLinks and followed the instructions on
https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/16091-right-click-desktop-take-long-time-show-up.html
and disabled all what was related to intel and voila, it finally worked!
Time to contact intel.

Reaction score
Glad to hear it is up and running!. :)

Please mark as solved so it helps others, thanks. ;)

Ask a Question