KB3216755

Reaction score
In what's seemingly an unprecedented event, Microsoft is withholding its regularly scheduled Patch Tuesday updates and patches for a month.

On February 15, the day after Microsoft's regular Patch Tuesday was scheduled, officials said its previously slated February patches would not arrive until Tuesday, March 14.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-to-delay-its-february-patches-to-march-14/

If I understand correctly, that means the February Update is completely cancelled. March 14 will be the next usual patch day.....

Reaction score
The reason is buried inside here & it was updated 2/15/2017.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4011347/windows-10-update-kb3216755

Applications/callers that load KB 3216755 versions of the System.data.dll libraries may experience memory leaks. In extreme cases, such leaks can cause service or application crashes. The rate of the leak increases with the number of SQL queries issued by the calling app.

This issue will be addressed in a future release.
Article ID: 4011347 - Last Review: Feb 15, 2017 - Revision: 9

It originally said the fix would be released on 2/14/17 as KB3217574

Reaction score
Yeah I read that too as well as the change they have made.
Looks like they can't get that issue resolved since they changed the fix to "open ended" basically...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Got a Security Update today for Flash Player but still nothing for Win10.
With the Creators Edition Update bearing down, I suspect they have to be extra careful so as not to put anything out that might result in problems with people being unable to get that update.
They're still insisting on Q1 (first quarter) 2017, so that leaves ..... what's left of this month and next. So we're looking at a few weeks at most for everyone to get their proverbial "ducks in a row".

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes I got the flash player update yesterday. Waiting in anticipation for their next move, they need to get it right the first time.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
they need to get it right the first time.
RollLaugh.gif

I think I would settle for the 100th.
Sorry...... "get it right the first time" just made me grin, as we're talking about Microsoft and I'm doing my best to try and remember when that "first time" thing ever happened.

Bif

Reaction score
Flash is a bone of contention in my book, but unfortunately needed for so many sites that are eons behind in using HTML5 as the standard.. Which I'm crossing all twelve of my toes that it will be sooner rather than later.

" Gone in a Flash "

Reaction score
I think they they did once back in 2009 with the release of Windows 7, after the poor performance issues and consumer complaints of Vista. Maybe we'll see a new OS (Win 11) if they can't get the next update issues resolved. I'm currently happy with what I've got, it works fine for me just the way it is. I don't care for all the apps, I'm not a appy person.

Reaction score
Yeah, Flash update came through but nothing more and only for Windows 8 and 10. I am thinking the next scheduled update will be as usual on the second Tuesday in March and a week or two later they roll out the creators update....
That will be fun......

Reaction score
I got a Flash Player update KB4010250 and a Malicious Software Removal Tool KB890830.

Just wondering who had previously updated to the cancelled Feb. 14th update.. and would that be involved.

Reaction score
I got a Flash Player update KB4010250 and a Malicious Software Removal Tool KB890830.

Just wondering who had previously updated to the cancelled Feb. 14th update.. and would that be involved.
the February update was never released so the latest version is still 14393.726 (January update). MSRT usually comes in daily and flash update, well, they still work on that one to get all the holes in it closed (as that will ever be happening)

Reaction score
January 26, 2017—KB 3216755 (OS Build 14393.726)

Improvements and fixes
This release is only available on the Microsoft Update Catalog website
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
  • Addressed known issue called out in KB3213986—Users may experience delays while running 3D rendering apps with multiple monitors.
  • Addressed issue that prevents the conversion of a 24-bit image to 32 bits.
  • Addressed issue that causes the loss of Windows Firewall rules after upgrade from RTM to 1511 or 1607.
  • Addressed issue that causes a file download from a webpage to fail in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers.
  • Addressed issue that prevents the use of the Delete Browsing History feature in Internet Explorer.
  • Addressed issue that loads websites that bypass the proxy server in the local intranet zone when the Intranet Sites: Include all sites that bypass the proxy server (Disabled) is set.
  • Addressed issue where an XSS false positive prevents a webpage from loading after logging in to a site.
  • Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a network
  • Addressed issue that causes the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to fail if Active Directory Federated Systems is using the Japanese language set
  • Addressed issue that causes System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) scenarios to fail
  • Addressed issue that prevents user-built keyboard events from working.
  • Addressed issue that causes incorrect tabledimensions in SAP® applications
  • Addressed issue that overwrites a <br>element when users select a line that is enclosed by a <span> element.
  • Improved reliability of Internet Explorer, Xbox, and Skype
  • Addressed additional issues with Bluetooth, Internet Explorer, engaged reboot, clustering, Internet Explorer, Japanese Input Method Editor (IME), Windows Shell. Networking, storage, fonts, Xbox, encryption, Group Policy, Point and Print, wireless networking, virtual disk, disk operations, multimedia, Work Folders, encryption, enterprise security, deduplication, domain controllers, Audit File System, Debug Memory Manager, Virtual Machine Management Service (VMMS), Remote Desktop, Task Scheduler, Microphone Wizard, .NET, font cache, system boot, and Surface Studio
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

January 30, 2017—KB4010672 (OS Build 14393.729) followed shortly after but addressed only the Server 2016