KB4038788

Reaction score
Have been trying to download this update for a week now but it gets stuck st 25%. Edge closes down as soon as it is launched and Google Chrome takes about ten attempts to launch. ANybody knkow how I can resolve this?
upload_2017-9-18_11-3-17.png

Reaction score
it only looks like it is stuck at 25%, the hard drive is still active (happens the same to me). just let it run through.

Reaction score
I don't even get to 25% after 5 hrs of trying to download KB4038788 64bit cumulative update. It's still says "initialising updates".... Any suggestions as to how many hours it will take to download & install 100%???

Reaction score
So it's now 7.5 hrs later and the status is still on "Initialising updates". How do I stop it?

Reaction score
Try unplugging all external USB peripherals with the exception of mouse and keyboard and see if it improves the update process.

Reaction score
Try unplugging all external USB peripherals with the exception of mouse and keyboard and see if it improves the update process.
Thanks Norton for your suggestion. I have a loptop with a wireless mouse & no other USB devices attached. I shut down my laptop at midnight - 12 hrs after I started the download - and it still said "initialising updates"! I started the update the night before & same problem till I shut down 4 hrs later to go to bed. So a total of 16 hrs & countless mb wasted - my data allowance is almost exhausted thanks to this useless windows 10 auto updater. This is the 2nd time in 4 months that it has chewed up all my data on updating! Grrrr! I will visit the Microsoft retail shop in Sydney CBD this arvo to see what little they can suggest to fix it!

Ask a Question