SOLVED KB4501375 took a long time and after restart, wants to install again.

Reaction score
This update takes longer than I can remember for prior CUs.. Now it still shows ready to install, so I will wait and see if it catches up to its current situation. The issues addressed are numerous... The .Net update earlier went smoothly.

I assume the update had already been released for the Insiders. 18362.207

Edit: I just noticed there was a new servicing stack (KB4506933) and KB4501374 was also installed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I didn't notice any major change in the time for installing on 2 Notebooks and 4 Desktops last evening except they insisted on installing .NET update first then reboot to get the CU.

Reaction score
It may have taken longer on a couple of systems because of KB4501374 which seems to be related to Windows Mixed Reality. The Service stack also must have taken a little time.

The second install of 4501375 seems to run the disk usage up to 100% for a couple of minutes, so I assume it is checking the install, which we have seen before.

Reaction score
One more thing, I noticed my system was running a 20% pocessor utilization when it wasn't being used by me. I normally keep the "Let Cortana respond" turned off but it had been re-enabled and disabling that again seemed to stop the processor from running when the system was idle.

Reaction score
The latest CU on 1903 went through really quick on my work machine and was installed only once. I did not get the mixed reality update nor the servicing stack update only the dotnet update...

Reaction score
I didn't get anything on my main PC except the .net update. I got the CU on my media PC though.

Ask a Question