Keeps saying "incorrect password"

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Make sure to download both 32-bit and 64-bit images and the languages you'll need for your retail location.
Never paid any attention to that sentence before.
That site is intended more for businesses who are performing upgrades for their customers or within their shop where both versions would be good to have on hand.
I beleive that those ISOs also contain both Home and Pro installs, to pick from, if I'm not mistaken.

Reaction score
Yes did that and not found, just don't understand and it's annoying as it was the 64 bit, have started all over and also have managed to send Dell an email which they will get Monday.

Reaction score
exactly, u should remain on the login screen, use your mobile to change the password then type the new password on the login screen and it should work as it did for me!

after many triers .. i final found out what was going on..
just type in de password that was used. to register your microsoft account..
datz all

Reaction score
Solved by pure dumb luck? - When I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I had the same "Incorrect Password" whinge. But I noticed a text label towards the bottom left of the screen sayin "ENG". Hovering over it, revealed it to be a clickable button, which in turn revealed that the upgrade process had defaulted the keyboard to American English. For those of us who use strong passwords, some symbols are mapped to different keys, hence our US-centric cousins have laid a little land mine for us Brits. So try one of these options:
- Click on the ENG and set the language to British English
- or enter your password as per the US layout.

Hope this helps.
This works! Thank you so much!

aki

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed Win10 and I was able to use my computer normally. Ran CCCleaner. Now, after entering the same password I've used for years, the screen keeps saying it is incorrect. I changed passwords and retried with no luck. So my computer is useless as I can't get to my desktop to make any security changes or uninstall Win10.

Any ideas on how to get a restore disk to reinstall (would this even work?) Any other ideas to resolve this ? I'd like my desktop computer back !

Thanks.
you must have not the real microsft. its why

Ask a Question