Keyboard doesn't work when Save As PDF file. I can't properly name the file b/c keyboard give random letters

Reaction score
Hi Mary,

did you try uninstalling Adobe Reader and just use edge browser?. That is where I would start, you can always re-install it if that doesn't help. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie ~ I think I've said this before, I don't want to use Edge and I don't feel comfortable installing and reinstalling software. I'm not good at it, although I'm sure it's simple.

Reaction score
Hi Mary,

did you at least try moving the KB to a different USB port as I suggested earlier?. (I assume the KB is connected by a USB cable?). :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie ~ I said earlier that I have a wireless mouse. I did change the USB port that it connects to, but no change.

Reaction score
I said earlier that I have a wireless mouse
Hi Mary,

is the keyboard also a wireless device?. That is what I meant, not the mouse!, that said, if they are both wireless devices, you can tell us the make and model and we can look for new(er) or updated drivers for them. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie ~ no the keyboard is not wireless; it's a laptop. Only my mouse is wireless.

Reaction score
it's a laptop
Hi Mary,

as far as I can tell, this is the first time you mentioned it is a laptop LOL. :) :) :)

So, open Control Panel > Device Manager > Keyboards and right click it then Uninstall device, restart your laptop and try typing something in a PDF file and see how it reacts. :)

1593070866052.png

Reaction score
I download / Save As, a pdf file from Chrome, I get random letters and numbers
Hi Mary, I have this same fault (on a PC) anytime I download a PDF be it bank statement, plans, tickets and save as 'xxxx' the keyboard goes crazy... only then, at all other times it is well behaved. Did you ever find the cause / solution or are you just living with it? Its a real pain.
Thanks, Tris

Reaction score
Hi Tris,

the thread is nearly a year old and Mary never came back to us!.

What version of Win 10 do you have, an upgrade may solve your problem?. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie, thanks!

I have Windows 10 Home Version 2004.

If I open 'windows updates' it tells me I'm up to date. But 'The next version of Windows is available... Windows 10, version 20H2

Do you think this would help? Or are you talking about reinstalling Windows altogether?

Thanks for the advice.

Tris

Reaction score
Ps I use Explorer or chrome (as my work's remote desktop system only works on explorer) if that is relevent.....?

Reaction score
Hi Tris,

yes, do the upgrade if you can!.

Use Chrome, by "explorer", I assume you mean Internet Explorer which is no longer supported so use at your own risk!. ;)

Reaction score
Hi Mary, I have this same fault (on a PC) anytime I download a PDF be it bank statement, plans, tickets and save as 'xxxx' the keyboard goes crazy... only then, at all other times it is well behaved. Did you ever find the cause / solution or are you just living with it? Its a real pain.
Thanks, Tris
Hi Just started having this same issue today. Has anyone been able to fix it?

Reaction score
Sorry this issue. I have this same fault (on a PC) anytime I download a PDF be it bank statement, plans, tickets and save as 'xxxx' the keyboard goes crazy... only then, at all other times it is well behaved.

Reaction score
Hi Just started having this same issue today. Has anyone been able to fix it?
This thread was over 2 years old, I'd wonder if the OP will still be following it.

Do you have the same type computer, running the same Version and Build of Windows? Hold down the Windows Key and press R, type winver, press Enter, give the full line about Version. Also give information about the computer.

Ask a Question