Microsoft Office 2013

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
some PST files
There is a native inbox repair tool called scanpst.exe
Personally, I would do a search for *.pst and make sure I had a backup copy of my .pst file(s) beforehand just to be safe.
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77
may help you find the tool on your particular installation of the office suite.
Your PST (personal store) is where all your outlook files (emails, calendar, contacts and such reside) and you need to make sure you have a safe copy

Reaction score
Hi David

Well I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and no change looks the same acts the same. Every thing is up there but no messages in any of the folders, inbox, sent, drafts, etc. I even cut back on the options I wanted for the install.

Thanx...Gunny

Reaction score
Hi David and Trouble

Well I guess the 4 and 5th time I uninstalled and reinstalled it something clicked right, I now have my Gmail and my Outlook 2013 mail....hooooooooooooray but sorry to say now I have no sound, this Laptop has that Beats sound. I have tried several things ,the device manager and the updates, etc. I went into Services.msc and they are both running, windows audio, etc. So now what.

One of these days everything is going to be working like it should I have faith.

Thanx....Gunny

Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you. Just my encounter with " no sound".

I have 2 laptops. Dell and Acer. I have had "no sound" problem with both of them, several times after install of new builds or OS.
My solution has been.................
In Dell, it needs SigmaTel HD audio driver reinstall.
In Acer, it needs Realtek HD audio driver reinstall.

I went to the computer manufacturer and installed the audio driver.

Reaction score
Hi David

I guess this is all I am going to get here. I know getting drivers from HP is a task if they have them, and the process you have to go through to get them another thing. I think I read they do not have the proper drivers for a lot of things with Win 10.

Thanx....Gunny

Ask a Question