Migrate to Windows 10 if my current 8.1 has watchdog violation BSOD ?

Reaction score
I have given up trying to obtain and install the missing DLL files for 8.1. I'm just not that technical a person. So, after wasting several days, I just want to get fully functioning. Can you sketch out the steps for getting rid of the parts of 8.1 I still have, and then installing Windows 10 ? Please keep explanation of the procedure simple, and list whatever URLs must be visited to get this done right. Thanks hugely.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
The upgrade path is no longer an option, although I've been told that you can still upgrade. I've not tried it so I can't say. That said, you will need to purchase windows 10 and do a clean install.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
An upgrade can still be done, they just need to purchase a valid license key for activation. It is the free upgrade offer that has been completely removed from the table now.
That's what I said.....if the upgrade path can still be done....then go for it. If it doesn't work you have to buy it. Why was that so hard to understand.

What ever you purchase now....key/windows, it's the same thing (one form or another). You still have to buy it.

Reaction score
Thank you to all responders about my problem --- I will consider and try those suggestions. Let me get back on this forum in several days, with an answer as to fixing, or more info needed. With best regards, Steve (1/22/18)

Ask a Question