Migrate settings from Win 10 upgrade to Clean Installation

Reaction score
I have upgraded a Win 7 pc to Win 10. Is it possible to save settings, do a clean install of Win 10, and restore the settings? On a different, new pc, I installed a purchased copy of Win 10 and migrated all settings from a Win 7 pc to it with the free version of PC Mover, and it worked like a champ. On this pc, it's the "free" upgrade that I know can be clean installed by creating boot media. Now that MS has eliminated the old Files and Settings Transfer Wizard and the ensuing Easy Transfer, I can't seem to find the answer to this. I wasn't sure if using the Windows 7 backup from control panel to backup and then restore to the "clean" installation would work, and there seems to be no answer anywhere in MS. If anyone knows, please help. As an aside, if MS put in as much effort to support their own products as they do trying to copy Google with privacy invasion, that would really be the right thing to do. Thanks.

Ask a Question