Missing Permissions on Authenticated User and unable to create Everyone with permissions

Reaction score
Wolfie

Tried your suggestion of a new account and it didn't work. However, I'm able to make individual folders with Everyone and Permissions with full control access. Just can't apply to the C Drive from the Root. I suspect that the Windows Folder will be denied also. I don't know why only this PC has these limitations. I can't see there this is being restricted.

Reaction score
Wolfie

I did as above and created a new local account and signed out, then signed into the new account. The new account functioned the same. I did do a reboot with both Profiles available, but picked the new account that was created and no difference.

Do I have to permanently delete the old Admin account and reboot before and sign-in again before the new setup takes control with new parameters, rather than just sign-out old, then sign-in new.

Reaction score
Hi Fenshome,

I would assume you have to delete the old account but make sure you have everything from that (the old account) backed up before deleting it!. :)

Reaction score
Wolfie

Did as said and I was unable to remedy. Looks like I will have to rebuild Windows 10 from scratch. From my point there has to be a Registry entry which has been changed or corrupted when updated or new programs have been installed.

Thanks for your help anyway

Reaction score
Hi Fenshome,

just copy all your files to a backup medium and do a clean install with the latest version of Win 10, it is often the only way!. :)

Click on "Download Tool Now" and have an 8GB USB stick handy (make sure there is nothing on it!).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 :)

See also:

Ask a Question