New build - 'Your PC ran into problems and needs to restart'

Reaction score
So you'd think it is very likely a physical hardware problem or minimally a hardware configuration problem Since you can't install the Windows 10 OS.

I like the idea above of checking the hard disk for errors which may require attaching it to another working computer.
Likewise I'd probably be booting from a MemTest86+ cd and running overnight testing

When you "literally built the PC", did you use all new parts
OR
Are some of the parts from other builds??

As Saltgrass said above some boards have diag lights which can be helpful

IF you've convinced yourself that all hardware being used is suitable, serviceable and compatible then you're left with corrupt installation media which keeps installing the same bad files which results in the same bad error message.
I've run a memtest no errors.
All the parts are new. I've removed ssd, nvme and memory sticks but still same blue screen

I've downloaded Win 10 - 1909 and tried 1903 builds. I've partition the USB sticks (also new) with GPT and MBR.
Really have no clue whats going wrong. Maybe a bios setting?

Reaction score
I had a look at this but its .exe so wasn't sure how to update it via the bios
You don't install it in BIOS, open Windows and run the chipset .exe file and install it directly in Windows then restart your PC!. ;)

Reaction score
I can't boot into Windows though that the issue - its a new build there is no Windows on the machine. I'm trying to install a fresh copy of windows when the error appears in the first post

Reaction score
I can't boot into Windows though that the issue - its a new build there is no Windows on the machine. I'm trying to install a fresh copy of windows when the error appears in the first post
Have you set the boot order in BIOS/UEFI to boot from a USB stick?. ;)

Reaction score
I have also tried to take a SSD which has a working version of Windows 10 from my old pc and have plugged into the new build....same crash messages as described in my original post.

Also I've noticed in the bios that the ram memory speed shows up 2133mhz, the memory Corsair vengeance RGB pro DD4 16gb runs at 3200mhz. It was set to auto i changed to 3200mhz. This didn't make a difference still crashes.

I thought it might be worth mentioning these two things just in case.

Reaction score
Do me a favour and try a Linux version booting from a USB stick or DVD in Live Mode!, Ubuntu would be a good choice!. Test and see if the live version of Linux works and test your hardware in live mode, that way we can rule out hardware damage and concentrate on other possible causes!.

See also:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommunityHelpWiki?action=show&redirect=UserDocumentation :)

Reaction score
Do me a favour and try a Linux version booting from a USB stick or DVD in Live Mode!, Ubuntu would be a good choice!. Test and see if the live version of Linux works and test your hardware in live mode, that way we can rule out hardware damage and concentrate on other possible causes!.

See also:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommunityHelpWiki?action=show&redirect=UserDocumentation :)
Thanks for the suggestion, so I downloaded Ubuntu 18.04 and when trying to install it, I get the following message

watchdog: BUG soft lockup CPU #3 stuck for 23s

This line keeps repeating with 'CPU #3' becoming 'CPU #4' and so forth

Reaction score
Is there also a message on the screen about skipping check (Press "s" to skip check)?. :)

Are you using a USB stick or a DVD?.

With your current CPU (Ryzen), I would try downloading Ubuntu 19.10 and trying that as later versions of Ubuntu are better optimized for Ryzen CPU's. ;)

Ask a Question