SOLVED Lenovo 920 sound issue build 1903

Reaction score
This is my partners laptop and we recently found out that it will not play and audio on a website. PBS videos or YouTube when I tried to figure out the issue. My desktop works fine on these websites. I can hear sound from the speakers when I test them.

What I have tried to figure out by

-using the troubleshoot tool nothing is found
- looking at settings on the system nothing stands out as to why.

Not tired removing Firefox and re installing which is a last resort.

Windows update does not seem to have the 1909 update as an option.

Reaction score
nice to know your windows what will not upgrade to 1909 exact version you have.
and do you mean AV (audio video) or audio such as mp3 or?
what media player are you using on Laptop and what medial player on the Desktop.
do you have the speakers plugged in properly to laptop? or are you using internal speaker?
if the troubleshooter said nothing was wrong, and what settings...in reference. a pic would be nice.
Why would FF be issue on playing sound?

Reaction score
I fixed it this morning by clicking on the speaker icon and moving the firefox volume slider up and down. though it was all the way up before.

Reaction score
As
for Windows 10 build, 1909 I looked on Lenovo sites and it seems that Build 1909 has issues on many Lenovo laptops. even creating disc with media creation tool also fails right now we need that laptop to work not going to screw it up now trying to force an update.

Ask a Question