New Cumulative Update

Reaction score
If you think it installed, it should be in the Update history?
Have you tried typing Winver in the Run box, to see if you have got it. (Picture in Dan's first post)

Reaction score
10 winver.PNG

Reaction score
My Winver is still reporting 10586.36 after Windows Update and reboot. Windows Update is reporting I'm up to date.

Edit:
I just checked update history dating back to 12-20. All updates have been successful.

Reaction score
WTF. Seems to be happening (again). I hope my luck continues.
Windows 10 is having a side issue with me. I mostly deal with older, or less computer savvy, people when helping locally. Now I am getting a bit of flack on this update progress. I am not getting the point of these too frequent build updates. Thje originals, in nearly all cases, are working without problems, as my colleagues say. Why , then, are MS throwing compulsory updates at us.
I appreciate the need for security, but for gods sake, give us some choice.

Reaction score
An Update may change the saving file type to .png. You need to change the default settings or look for that file type.

I have a $1500 piece of software which isn't working correctly in Windows 10. I wish my problems were as easy to fix.
The snips which I see (when saving a snip) are PNG types. But as I said, I think it is some sort of mysterious glitch which will clear it self in the near future just as it did when I had this same glitch after an earlier update.

I also have a problem with my printer after the update. I am notified that it is off line even though it is not. I have removed it and re installed it, drivers look good, no problems found when troubleshooting. This is also a problem I have seen before after updates so I am sure it too will be mysteriously rectified. I see the same problem on two different pc's with the same printer attached to both (cabled). In the meantime, I have ordered a couple of new printers and will see if they work on either of these systems. One is wireless.

I am sure that I am not the only one who has purchased new equipment due to Microsofts inability to update their OS without doing damage. Perhaps they are just trying to boost the US economy.

OK, I just found the snips on my SD card even though I have not selected that as the place to save new pictures.

Last edited:
Reaction score
More problems: I thought I would try to restore to fix the printer problem but no dice, The restore points were deleted and System Protection was turned off on the PC and My backup drive. Turned PC system protection on but the drive system protection could not be turned on.

I went to BIOS to select my USB boot device but it and my backup drive were not available. I reset the PC. After the reset and updates I can now turn on system protection for pc and the backup. Still the printer is listed as defective although it is "working properly" according to the device manager.

Ask a Question