SOLVED No video signal after BIOS update

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a custom built PC with an ASUS Z97-K motherboard. I downloaded the latest BIOS for my motherboard from the ASUS website and updated it successfully by using the BIOS flash utility from a USB drive

After I got the confirmation that the BIOS had been updated successfully, the system restarted but the screen never turned on again. Because I have a GPU I figured that resetting to default would cause the built-in graphics to be selected instead of the GPU so I plugged my monitor to its connector (HDMI), but there is no signal. There isn't any signal on the GPU's HDMI socket either.

Is it possible that the HDMI sockets are not activated? There also is a VGA connection on the motherboard but I dont have a VGA monitor to test it.

Otherwise what should I do? I am not an experienced user when it comes to BIOS management.

Reaction score
When you reboot and hit the key to enter the bios, the screen doesn't even show the bios page? Modern fast machines may take a few tries to do this.

Some motherboards have a jumper to reset to factory. I am not familiar with ASUS but as you built the machine ( I presume you did it) it would be worth checking the paper manual.

Reaction score
No, there is no video signal at all so I can't use the BIOS settings.

I downloaded the motherboard manual and I think I'll try clearing the CMOS and recovering the BIOS.

Reaction score
This is fixed. Clearing CMOS didn't help but I used the ASUS utility and it recovered and updated my BIOS seamlessly.

Ask a Question