No video with the AMD Radeon 6550 display card

Reaction score
My computer has AMD Radeon HD6550D display card and, while we got the catalyst update from AMD after installing Windows 10, I still have no video. Any ideas?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
My computer has AMD Radeon HD6550D display card and, while we got the catalyst update from AMD after installing Windows 10, I still have no video. Any ideas?
Same graphics processor here. Mine worked fine until yesterday's update. Now all I get with most Internet videos is a green screen with audio. I have found that if I click on the progress bar on the video, the video will show up. I think Windows 10 has some work left to become a useful OS.

Reaction score
I thought the problem was solved a few days ago but it is not. I can sometimes see live feed video (but not consistently) but not youtube or other stored video. Curiously, if I go to watch, eg, an archived PBS TV show, I get the commercial but then a green screen instead of the program. Some youtube videos have no picture but do have sound; for others, the sound stutters.
I tried the AMD Catalyst 15.6 driver for Windows 8.1 suggested by the previous respondent and that does not help. In fact, one live video feed I could see before installing that I can no longer see.
any other suggestions are welcome. (I did correspond with someone at AMD but their ideas bore no fruit at all.)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Follow up: spoke with computer mfr (ZT) - the video hardware is on the motherboard, not a separate card. They cannot comment or offer suggestions because "Windows 10 has not been tested on their desk top computers." I am thinking of going back to Windows 7...

Ask a Question