SOLVED Not able to Run CHKDSK I/O write error

Reaction score
Hello,

As the title suggests, I am not able to run chkdsk on a drive of mine. There are sections of the drive I can access and sections I can't

It is also sluggish now. I began experiencing this after a power outage.

Tips on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
K-Rod

Reaction score
Not having any information about the computer or HDD I'd suggest finding out who made the HDD then see if they have a diagnostic to test the drive, could be it's failing or possibly has some infection on it.

Reaction score
As Bighorn says the first step would be checking the drive. It sounds as if it might be failing. Another issue might be corrupt files on the drive due to the power failure.

Reaction score
I have discovered that my drive is a Seagate ST4000 NC00 - 1fr168

I still cannot run chkdsk

Reaction score
MiniTool Partition Wizard Free is an excellent partition manager which has options to Check File System and Surface Test. Both of these options are under the heading Check Partition. You should also download and run a program such as Crystal Disk Info which checks other aspects of disk health. If none of these help, there are some
command line options we can guide you through

Minitool.JPG

Reaction score
MiniTool Partition Wizard Free is an excellent partition manager which has options to Check File System and Surface Test. Both of these options are under the heading Check Partition. You should also download and run a program such as Crystal Disk Info which checks other aspects of disk health. If none of these help, there are some
command line options we can guide you through

.View attachment 9009
Minitool is hostile but my drive seems to be working now

Reaction score
Glad to here that! Suggest that you clone the drive ASAP. I still think you should run Crystal Disk Info or similar drive health program.

Ask a Question