SOLVED Unable to run Dual Screen HD5570 on Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE MB

Reaction score
I have 2 x HD 5570 cards running on Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE motherboard and BIOS v 2104. On installing Win10 over my Win 8.1 pro setup I am unable to use my extended desktop on the 2 screens. AMD drivers were updated and I have the latest version of Catalyst. When starting up I see the Win 10 logo on the primary screen and then just a black screen. The secondary monitor does not do anything. When left in this state I can access my machine using TeamViewer. However, this is also a blank screen with the client side cursor in busy mode (rotating circle). I have left machine un-attended for many hours and no joy. I can access Bios and have reconfigured to set iGPU as primary from PCiE as it was and it works fine. Hardware settings show the 2 cards installed, working and with up to date drivers. Catalyst hardware check shows the same. However, cards do not appear in the tray icon context menu.

Sorry for the diatribe - anyone had a similar issue? I am going to take the boards out tonight and re-install as new hardware to see if this makes a difference. Will report back tomorrow.

Reaction score
This issue has been resolved the old fashioned way (wiped and started again). But a brief history as follows. My machine is a self build, originally with Win 7 Pro. Upgraded to Win 8 and then to 8.1. Finally onto Win10. For some reason the upgrade did not recognise my 2 graphics cards. So tried a system reset.....OMG lost the boot db and continuously has the BSOD as a result. Clean install of WIN10 and all is right with the world.

Ask a Question