Nvidia Drivers

Reaction score
GeForce Experience, which is the program designed to download Nvidia's drivers, has not worked in Windows 10 for me. I now manually check for updates through the device manager. I have kept the GeForce Experience on my computer because the update notification does work, and is useful. You need to uninstall the old driver and manually install the new driver by downloading it from the Nvidia website, and then go into Device Manager and update the driver.

Another problem is that sometimes the failed driver update prevents Windows 10 from detecting your Nvidia GPU card. However, my experience is that rebooting the computer will eventually solve this. If it doesn't work the first time you reboot, try again.

There are those on the net who tout programs designed to uninstall your drivers. I suppose those might be useful; I haven't found them necessary.

Hope this is helpful.

Reaction score
I have 3 Windows 10 desktops with 3 different Nvidia cards and GeForce on all of them and it notifys me about new drivers and downloads them and installs them every time. 2 of the machines have been doing this happily since July 2015 and one since this spring.

Now to be fair. These cards are NOT super gaming cards. The newest one is a 730. SO I have no idea and you don't say if it doesn't work on 900 or 1000 series cards.

Reaction score
Which I believe is a quite different GPU series from mine...but I don't see why GeForce should care.

Reaction score
My routine is that don't use Gforce Experience at all I always omit that when I do new driver installs. I manually uninstall the older driver, and install the new driver, with a clean install, and going in the dev-mgr isn't necessary once the driver is properly-manually installed it's displayed as such within the dev-mgr.

Ask a Question