SOLVED Older calendar on my desktop screen

Reaction score
G'day to you all, new here and not sure if this is the right area.

Have attached a photo of a calendar I downloaded many years ago probably as far back as win 7/8 could go back a little further, my problem is since I had a Win10 crash last week and a reinstall, the date is not advancing and resetting as it should, I cannot find the software that the calendar is associated with and any fixes I search for, refers to Win10 and the taskbar.

Would anyone know how to help to either fix the date and name the software (a big ask!!) or how I may remove this calendar software ?.

Win10 64-bit
Intel core i5-4590 cpu @ 3.30GHZ
8 GB ram
Nvidia GE Force GT 740
Home built by Tech to my request.

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 89
Reaction score
Hi Fredm,

if you open Calendar in Win 10 and go to the cogwheel on the bottom left, click on settings and you can make changes to its appearance there. Other than that, you would have to search the Windows Store or the web for a different app!. :)

1613810760815.png

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie for your reply, that is a windows10 calendar and this wont change the settings on my desktop screen, my calendar is not from Win software, I downloaded this many years ago and with each windows upgrade, the calendar was carried over with each win upgrade, in the older win software I could find the software, but this new win10 I can't pick anything up, so I thought I would ask for help.
If the attachment is mouse clicked, it will open up and show 4 calendar months, previous, current and the next 2 months coming.

Reaction score
Hi Fredm,

do you still have the original .exe file for the app, you can try running it in compatibility mode if you do!. :)

Reaction score
That is the problem Wolfie !!, I cannot remember the software name, earlier win's you could go into settings for the desktop screen and change features and I could see the calendar in this area, but now, all has changed with the win10 settings, the original file would still be on the computer, but how to find?.

Reaction score
The program/app should still be listed either in the settings under [APPS] or in the control panel under [programs and features]. both options are still present in 20H2.

Reaction score
Hi Fredm,

did you open Windows store and search for weather apps?, you might find it there. :)

Reaction score
Wolfie it is not a win app, it was software I downloaded off the net, I have searched through the apps as suggested and cannot find a resemblance of software that may be the source, I have even gone through the program files with no luck, without knowing the software name, I doubt if I will be able to do anything.
Thanks for your help Wolfie and Grizzly.
regards

Reaction score
Hi Fredm,

try searching best weather apps and see if you can find it, it may be that it is so old that it is no longer supported?. :)

Reaction score
Just tried your suggestion Wolfie and nothing matches those apps.

As I wrote earlier, I had to do a re-install because of 2 black screens a week apart, the first I fluked getting restore to work, and the second BS would not go past the BIOS, I believe caused by a Win10 download earlier this month, I instigated a repair install to try and save as much data as I could, but the install ended up being a new install and that destroyed a lot of data and apps, and somehow most likely the app for the calendar, because the calendar was working right up until that re-install.:p

I have a couple of old HD's removed from earlier computers from early 2000 and a HD reader, I could hook that up and see if I can still read the drives, I may find the info I need on those.

Thanks for your help blokes, please don't waste any more of your time on this problem, I will get around it somehow.

Many thanks again and cheers.

Reaction score
Hi Fredm,

sorry it didn't work out for you. Please mark the thread as solved (even though it isn't) but keep us posted if you find a work around. :)

Ask a Question