Our US Neighbors

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep.... they've upped that estimation to "maybe" as much as 50 inches.
It's bad and is likely to be bad for the next several days, and then weeks if not months of aftermath and recovery.

I'm not soliciting anything here, but anyone who might be feeling generous.....

Capture.PNG

Even I, on a fixed income pension, decided that I could afford an extra $10 bucks on my phone bill this month.

Regedit32

Reaction score
The Red Cross and its Middle East equivalent Red Crescent is a fantastic organization!

After our major earthquakes in Christchurch and Kaikoura they were the first on the ground providing basics of life support to all affected, and while I do not know how its done in USA, here in New Zealand, every dollar they received and then spent on emergency support was accounted for and made public for anyone wanting to know.

100% trustworthy in my personal view!

Here in NZ we are seeing flooding in the US reaching the second storey of homes with officials warning families to not go into their Attic unless they can literally escape through their roof. When you see flooding like that, nevermind the other horrendous damage done from the Hurricane and heavy rain, you know its time to forget being politically correct and beg all humanity - anywhere in the world - to do what they can to help.

The US Government helped up greatly during our times of trial - sending warships with military aircraft that were used to help get supplies to our people, and transport survivors to safety, and financial support offers as well as Civil Defense Rescue experts. I'll be definitely digging deep to help all I can, as I am sure our Government will be in the coming days.

Keep safe folks, and for those immediately affected by this disaster you are in my thoughts and I wish you a rapid support package and better days ahead - till the storms are over keep safe and well.

Bif

Reaction score
Watched an interview with a FEMA rep and he said it will take years to recover, and the editor of one of the newspapers down there quite candidly saying that the death toll will most certainly rise once the water recedes... I'm still haven't a difficult time wrapping my head around the prediction of 1200mm of rain... unreal.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
the death toll will most certainly rise once the water recedes
We can only pray that it doesn't.
I shudder to think, what the final cost will be in blood and treasure.
Not to mention long lasting health risks from mold, bacteria and such.

I guess the whole "ignoring global warming" thing is not working out too well.
Wonder what the price of flood insurance is going to be after this.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
AND..... as of this hour it is still raining there.
AND
The idiot in North Korea just launched another missile.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln..... how did you like the play?