SOLVED Outlook 365 will not POP Gmail...

Reaction score
Gmail had the "Less Secure App" option for Outlook users....
Gmail has turned that option off......Now I cannot POP my email...

It seems that all apps that POP from Gmail have to have OAuth 2.0 established....

Does anyone know how to do this...???
Or have some way to get Outlook 365 POP'ing with Gmail again...???

My PW is good as I can log into Gmail via webmail...
Thanks...

Reaction score
You will need to use an app specific password, this is created under your Google account>password & security.

Reaction score
You’re welcome. Keep me updated once you’ve created & entered the app password & let me know if the problem has been resolved.

Reaction score
Actually i figured it out earlier today....maybe just before your reply....
It worked...I'm up and running....but I gotta say that Gmail is really...really short on explanation...
They are doing the same thing that ATT is with their email.....Not really sure how a 16 character
all lower case pw is any stronger than my 24 mixed character pw is.......but at least it is confirmed
on their server and being correct....
Thanks again...
Steve

Reaction score
Many email providers are moving over to 2FA.
It is because the email client isn’t secure enough to use secure sign in - hence the app specific password. If it is secure then you may need to delete the account & set it up again by choosing Gmail/google from the setup list.

Ask a Question