Office 365/ Outlook compatibility issue with Nuance Dragon

Reaction score
My operating system is Windows 10. I use Outlook to create and receive emails in Office 365. I also use Nuance Dragon for voice dictation (professional version 15). Every time I go to highlight incorrectly typed words in an Outlook email and then try to correct them with a Nuance Dragon voice-over command, Outlook immediately shuts down and then restarts. When Outlook restarts I have lost the email that I was preparing and I have to start over again. This problem has only started recently. I have being using the 2 software's with no issues for months. I contacted Nuance Dragon tech support and they told me it was a compatibility issue between Office 365 and Nuance Dragon. They had actually heard about this problem from other users. They had no solution and suggested that I type all my emails in what is called the Dictation box. Once I have correctly completed the email in the dictation box, I should transfer it into Outlook and then send it. I would prefer to prepare my emails directly in Outlook as before. I am not having this problem with any other Office 365 programs like Word or Excel. Has anybody experienced this issue, and if so, are you aware of any solutions? Thanks!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
My initial thought was that Dragon prefers the installed version of Outlook but Office 2016 appears not to have that, have to use the subscription-based Office 365. Just a guess but it could explain why your other applications work and Outlook doesn't. Historically speaking, the first time I saw issues with Outlook was back with Office 97, soon got Outlook 98 by itself to correct most of them.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
My initial thought was that Dragon prefers the installed version of Outlook but Office 2016 appears not to have that, have to use the subscription-based Office 365. Just a guess but it could explain why your other applications work and Outlook doesn't. Historically speaking, the first time I saw issues with Outlook was back with Office 97, soon got Outlook 98 by itself to correct most of them.
Upon further investigation I have realized that the problem I have is not limited to Dragon. It is actually an Outlook 365 problem. When I go to highlight some words to correct in Outlook, the computer freezes momentarily, then Outlook crashes and restarts within a few moments. If I am in the middle of an email all that I've typed is lost and not saved as a draft. This has happened numerous times and I have tried it with Dragon and without Dragon. So the problem is really an Outlook 365 problem. I do not have this problem with any of the other Microsoft programs such as Word or Publisher. Has anybody experienced this or have any solutions?

Ask a Question