Office 365

Reaction score
In Word and Excel, when I click on bold or change a font size in a document, there is a lag time and 50% of the time the program stops responding and I have to close and reopen the program. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
I've seen such a lag when the chosen Font is in a different Folder or on a different drive, not actually installed in Control Panel, Fonts. The lag in those instances was Windows or the program searching for the exact Font. I've seen in it in other modern word processors such as WordPerfect, Lotus WordPro, etc.

Reaction score
I've seen such a lag when the chosen Font is in a different Folder or on a different drive, not actually installed in Control Panel, Fonts. The lag in those instances was Windows or the program searching for the exact Font. I've seen in it in other modern word processors such as WordPerfect, Lotus WordPro, etc.

Not sure what you mean by different folder. Everything is done with the internal hard drive and listed fonts. I can handle the lag, but half the time the program does not respond and I have to start over. Thanks.

Reaction score
What I meant is that numerous Windows-based programs can use Fonts that are located elsewhere on the HDD or any other attached HDD but if not installed in the Fonts Folder itself they will not be available directly to a program causing that program to search for them, therefore the lag in response.

Ask a Question