Office 365 (2016 Word) has no fast economy print choice

Reaction score
This new version of Word does not permit printing in anything but normal . No grayscale, no fast economy. These choices do not exist.
Please, Microsoft, fix this. Ink is being wasted, and so is time and paper.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Typically those settings are products of the printer driver / software package as seen in the image below.....

Capture1.JPG

More so than a feature set within word or windows.
Which printer are you using, how is it connected to your computer?
Do you have the latest, full featured software package from the printer manufacturer install on your Windows 10 / Word 2016 machine?

Reaction score
The printer is an Epson workforce 545 which has been working wirelessly along with windows 7 and 8.1 very nicely for several years. Since I installed 10, however, I no longer get the screen you provided above. My husband does, however! But he has word 2016 standalone - I have had office 365 for over a year, and since installing windows 10 4/5 months ago, I am experiencing the problem of no grayscale or quality control on print orders. (even after reinstalling the pritner software/drivers, etc.)

Another problem with 10 and the printer is that I can no longer scan documents on it from my computer. I can scan at the printer & save to the computer, but not the reverse. Techie set up a workaround but can't figure out the why of the problem here.

I am in a world of weird.

Reaction score
This time I downloaded only the drivers out of the three sets available, and bingo, it worked! Previously I had downloaded all three and something in there prevented installation of this particular driver/file/whatever. I do thank you. I can now print economy and save a little ink.
I see northwest Indiana. Are you from Gary? or thereabout? My old hometown, eons ago.
Thank again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hobart..... not too far from Gary.
Many years ago I was a City of Gary police officer.

Ask a Question