PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (stdriverx86.sys) Crash Please help!

Reaction score
Hello,
Since I upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7, my laptop occasionally crashes with the error message...
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (stdriverx86.sys)

How can I fix this?!!
Please help!
Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you know what that driver is for?
Looks like it is commonly associated with a USB device from ST Microelectronics or something called Sound Tap.
Very little information that I can find.
Update or upgrade it if possible.
If you don't need it, find it and break it by renaming it to stdriverx86.OLD replacing the file extension .sys
see if your crashes go away.
Typically it'll be here C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
But it could also be elsewhere, so you may need to do a search of your C:\ drive for it.

Reaction score
I wasn't sure what that Driver was for, but I went ahead and did what you suggested!
Thanks for the help, hope that fixes it :)
Thanks again!

Reaction score
Do you know what that driver is for?
Looks like it is commonly associated with a USB device from ST Microelectronics or something called Sound Tap.
Very little information that I can find.
Update or upgrade it if possible.
If you don't need it, find it and break it by renaming it to stdriverx86.OLD replacing the file extension .sys
see if your crashes go away.
Typically it'll be here C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
But it could also be elsewhere, so you may need to do a search of your C:\ drive for it.

IN THE LAST FEW DAYS, I have had not only this notice BUT ALSO "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL " on my desktop that was upgraded to W 10 from W 8.1 about a month ago!
I ALSO just got a new "pad" with W 10 a few days ago and had the same problem occur!

This sounds like a SYSTEMIC problem with W 10 that MS should address to all of us users!!!

Ask a Question