Password Repeats when pressing "Enter"

rjf

Reaction score
I enter a password. The dots show the # of characters I entered, but when I press Enter multiple dots are added that I did not add to the original password. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Hi rjf,

as far as I am aware, it is a security feature, it will add a couple of characters to fool any malware. I seem to recall that being the case at least from way-back-when!. :)

Reaction score
I'd ask if you do get logged in or not? Also, many password boxes will have the 'new' feature of a dot and curved line above it at the right end, think eyeball with eyebrow. Click and hold on it and what you type should show. It's quite handy if the first enter doesn't work. And only works before hitting Enter. Now if QuickBooks would catch onto that feature.

rjf

Reaction score
Hi rjf,

as far as I am aware, it is a security feature, it will add a couple of characters to fool any malware. I seem to recall that being the case at least from way-back-when!. :)
Thank you for your response. The dots, however, are many and do carry across the the screen.

rjf

Reaction score
I'd ask if you do get logged in or not? Also, many password boxes will have the 'new' feature of a dot and curved line above it at the right end, think eyeball with eyebrow. Click and hold on it and what you type should show. It's quite handy if the first enter doesn't work. And only works before hitting Enter. Now if QuickBooks would catch onto that feature.
I do not get logged in. Did not see the any dots with a curved line. The dots "bullets" do repeat across the whole part that particular frame. Thanks for your response.

Ask a Question