Plagued with Continous BSOD

Reaction score
Continuous crashes since initial clean install of Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators Update (FCU) (Build 16299.15) on June 9th.
This continued until June 14th when I scanned the system for system file errors. CMD promt said (CBS Log File) that it was unable to fix the errors. Back then I used only the 'scannow' cmd, which I learned later that it that the DISM cmd has to preceed the SCANNOW cmd.
System kept crashing and updating until the 17th, when after some reading (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system) I scanned and succesfully repaired the system files. By that time my Windows version became 1803.
Afterwards I installed the add on sound card (ASUS Xonar DX), I am refering to the drivers and the additional power supply (the small cable that connects the card with psu). NO OTHER DRIVERS ARE INSTALLED with the exception of the NVidia card. Sound on board and LAN on board have been disabled.
I have had issues in the past (Win7) with the mb driver for the USB 3.0 (Renesas driver), and w/o forgetting someone from the forum back told me so and pointed the location of the updated drivers from Renesas. MS Mem test and Memtest 86+ have ran w/o any errors.
Today the pc was on for a very very long time and CRASHED ONLY ONCE!
I don't know if this is of importance all the crashes occured when surfing, I am using Firefox, I have thre habbit to open a bunch of tabs, and the system has a bunch of storage, previous install was on a SSD of 120G, which needs to get backed up, and current install is on a 60G SSD, temporarily.
Any help would be very very appreciated!

Pertinent info like: All Mini Dumps/Progs installed/Specs at:
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=DDA23D1728524B9A!105&cid=DDA23D1728524B9A

Attachments

• hosts.txt
    824 bytes · Views: 505
  • Speccy DESKTOP-PM9O93P.txt
    96.1 KB · Views: 577

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Most of your GSODs seem to be linked to a problem with your network stack.
NETIO.sys, tcpip.sys, ndis.sys, etc.,
All of which would seem to be attributable to your network driver
rt640x64.sys 10/5/2016 Realtek 8169 PCI/PCIe Adapter
My suggestion would be to go here http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...n=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true
Grab the Windows 10 Driver Version 10.023 Dated 2017/12/6
Download it to a new folder on your desktop, unzip it and update the driver from device manager manually (browse my computer, let me pick, have disk) with the .inf file which should be located in this path
D:\Users\YourUserName\Desktop\New folder\Install_Win10_10023_11282017\WIN10\64
Just point device manager update driver to the rt640x64.inf file
It should look like this

Capture.PNG

See if that provides any relief
OR NOT

Reaction score
Thanx for Ur quick reply, @#$%^ me I didn't look direct for the .inf file but I tried to install it thru the setup (that was on the 14th) and it gave me some issues. As I mentioned BSOD have been minimized (I hope I won't jinx it). I have had only 1 since yesterday. Next BSOD and I will try your way/remedy and let u know. Thanks again!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with using the setup.exe from the installer.
I think it just adds some unnecessary crap that you don't actually need.
IF you get a couple more (new) GSODs then put them in a new folder on your desktop, zip that up and attach it and maybe we'll see if they're still pointing at your network stack.

Ask a Question