Powershell keeps popping up

Reaction score
Hey! Recently I've been getting powershell popups, and despite googling and trying several different things, I haven't been able to figure out how to stop it. I actually disabled Powershell in the 'Programs and Features' app and looked through the Task Scheduler for any likely culprits, but I can't seem to find them. I also found that a lot of the issues people have been having were connected to Chrome, but I don't use Chrome. I had it installed and uninstalled it to see if that would help, but it didn't. I use Firefox, and I checked the Task Scheduler under Firefox for any triggers, but can't find anything.

Does anyone have a way to help? It's really annoying and interferes with my concentration and with certain programs, like games. I don't do anything fancy with my computer, so I'm not sure I even need powershell. I'm happy to provide more details if needed! Thanks!

Edit with more info: Based on the timing, it seems that it's the D B scheduler, but I'm not sure how to stop/fix it. I can only seem to find it in the task scheduler home page, and it won't allow me to make any changes to it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question