Pre Windows 10 Games/Flight Sims

Reaction score
I have a number of Flight Sims that pre-date Windows10. Some are Microsoft, others not.
Is there any way I can get them to run under Windows10?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. A few things are involved, is the computer 64-bit? Are the games intended to run on 32-bit or the older 16-bit? Win10 64-bit/x64 usually can't work with 16-bit programs but Win10 32-bit/x86 usually can. Basically it boils down to the computer being too good for old stuff [the downside of technology's newest, fastest].

Reaction score
Often the sims will run if installed in C:\ & NOT their default folder, & run in XP compatibility mode & as Admin.
I've run plenty of 32bit software in Windows 64bit.. Never an issue.

Reaction score
I've been using Windows 10 for a long period of time. I would like to play online games on it. Which one should be better for me? Thanks!

Reaction score
Often the sims will run if installed in C:\ & NOT their default folder, & run in XP compatibility mode & as Admin.
I've run plenty of 32bit software in Windows 64bit..
Please clarify the install. Are you saying to create a new location C:\ & Not and install the program there and then run them in XP and as the Admin.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I have a number of Flight Sims that pre-date Windows10. Some are Microsoft, others not.
Is there any way I can get them to run under Windows10?
Read the whole thread and watch the video.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question