Pre Windows 10 Games/Flight Sims

Reaction score
I have a number of Flight Sims that pre-date Windows10. Some are Microsoft, others not.
Is there any way I can get them to run under Windows10?

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. A few things are involved, is the computer 64-bit? Are the games intended to run on 32-bit or the older 16-bit? Win10 64-bit/x64 usually can't work with 16-bit programs but Win10 32-bit/x86 usually can. Basically it boils down to the computer being too good for old stuff [the downside of technology's newest, fastest].

Reaction score
Often the sims will run if installed in C:\ & NOT their default folder, & run in XP compatibility mode & as Admin.
I've run plenty of 32bit software in Windows 64bit.. Never an issue.

Reaction score
I've been using Windows 10 for a long period of time. I would like to play online games on it. Which one should be better for me? Thanks!

Reaction score
Often the sims will run if installed in C:\ & NOT their default folder, & run in XP compatibility mode & as Admin.
I've run plenty of 32bit software in Windows 64bit..
Please clarify the install. Are you saying to create a new location C:\ & Not and install the program there and then run them in XP and as the Admin.

Reaction score
I have a number of Flight Sims that pre-date Windows10. Some are Microsoft, others not.
Is there any way I can get them to run under Windows10?
Read the whole thread and watch the video.

Reaction score
I've been using Windows 10 for a long period of time. I would like to play online games on it. Which one should be better for me? Thanks!
Most online programs have to be written/compiled so as to run on a default install of the Operating System and will specify any special requirements that are not part of that install. I'd think games from the Microsoft Store will run okay on Win10 or Win11.

As for older programs there is the issue of whether they are written for 32-bit/x86 or 64-bit/x64 versions of an OS. If Windows is 64-bit there's very little chance of 16-bit programs working and maybe some 32-bit won't, I just installed Lotus SmartSuite 9.7 on a Win10 and a Win11 computer and it works fine. The disc itself lists the latest OS version as Windows XP.

Ask a Question