Windows Hello can't find camera, prevent setting options from being shown

Reaction score
I got a new laptop and everything works great except Windows Hello, it won't find the camera and or show certain options in the settings and requires me to use a PIN all the time instead of a fingerprint or nothing...I've tried a few solutions of the many out there but nothing has worked so far.

Attachments

• Hello.png
    Hello.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 79
Reaction score
Are you set up with an MS account?
You might have an Intel I/O driver out of date, this causes all kinds of issues like this.
Anything in your Device manager with a Yellow?
I would update all driver from your Manufactures website specific for your notebook,
Just looked at your picture. It's telling you that your camera is not compatible this goes back to the last statement update drivers
Windows want input devices to be Precision qualified. On my Dell notebook with a similar problem, it turned out the be the Intel I/O driver once that was updated everything worked as it should.

Reaction score
I think my camera is not compatible and I did flash with a new Lenovo Bios and things seem to be a bit better, thanks for the suggestion.

Ask a Question