Windows Hello Setup

Reaction score
I have two Windows 10 computers. The Laptop keeps saying I have an Account problem and when I look at it, it wants to setup Windows Hello.

I DO Not Want Windows Hello or any part of phone connection or picture connection or sign on connection from anywhere. I have a fixed Local non Social APP life and I don't need anything following me around like Amazon or Ebay trying to figure out what I'm going to buy next. I want to OPT OUT! No Choice no freedom, is that where you are heading with your Windows?

Stop[ IT!!!!!!

Stop tell me my Virus software is off when it is not. So, I don't have an Account problem you do. Please fix the enjoying Notifications. The other Windows is a PC.
Now this PC Has not changed except for a processor upgrade last month from 4 to 8. same AMD Company. Now, Why Can't Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, and many other sign-oms tell me they don't recognize my sign on??????????????????? Google is the worst. Always telling me a new sign on has been detected, was that you?

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When are you going to get that right? Let me know
Thank You

Reaction score
Hi,

firstly, are you running the latest version of Win 10?.

Second, your quote " Google is the worst. Always telling me a new sign on has been detected, was that you? ", leads me to believe that someone has tried to log in into your account by trying different passwords, this happens to me on my FB account now and then!. :)

Reaction score
1. If, as you say, you need to keep signing in to google (why do you want to do the - unnecessary) Then, each time, for your protection, it will advise you there has been a new sign in. I believe there is an option on the message, saying that, if it was you, you can ignore it. Are you saving the password login. That would avoid the repetition. ?
2. " my Virus software is off when it is not. " Are you running a third party antivirus? If so, it has disabled the built in Defender, which is what the message is indicating.
3. For the "welcome" nag, open settings Accounts - sign in options.
Scroll down to "Require Windows Hello..etc" Make sure it is ticked OFF
4. As for the 2nagging" from Amazon,etc.. You can browse around for a good spam eliminator, but there is a downside to that. Some sites, today, will not let you read, or even enter, the site, if you have such an aggressive filter. - Something, unfortunately, we have to live with, these days.

Reaction score
No answer. I guess we have lost a new member?
I don't think an upgrade is what he was seeking, nor would it have sorted his complaints.

Possibly, the link you indicated, to regedits suggestion, among others, was a little long in the text, and in the tooth :(
The only requirement today, if you want to obtain the latest version for an upgrade or fresh install - even keeping your data, is through the media creation tool. It was mentioned deep down in one of those links within links.

Ask a Question