Preview Build 20226

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The insider program is celebrating its' 6 year anniversary and 290 Insider Preview builds.
September 30, 2020 today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20226 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.
SOURCE https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-20226/

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
if you point to the lower left corner it shows Settings icon instead of Power. First update with this problem.

Reaction score
this is the
20226 preview that everyone else got too as far as I know did not notice this at first but could not find the power icon. It briefly flashes and then the settings icon is there instead

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are we talking about the login screen, where the lower left displays the power icon, ease of access icon and network icon?
OR
The normal desktop where, if you click the Windows Logo / Start Button, you should see the Power icon.
On mine
In both locations the Power icon is available consistently and does not "briefly flash" but rather remains available although on hover it displays that aggravating hamburger menu replacement

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I completely missed this
Known Issues
  • We’re investigating an issue reported by some Insiders wherein the taskbar is obscuring the Power button in the Start menu. If this is happening on your PC, you may need to use the Windows key plus X menu to shutdown for the time being.
SOURCE: Last item in this list
So this issue seems to have persisted from 20226 to 20231

Ask a Question