SOLVED Recycle bin

Reaction score
I want to restore deleted files from my pc. but, my recycle bin only has deleted files from One Drive. My deleted files were not on One Drive.

Reaction score
I want to restore deleted files from my pc. but, my recycle bin only has deleted files from One Drive. My deleted files were not on One Drive.
How did you delete those files ? I mean did you press Shift key +Delete ?
When you delete a file by pressing Shift + Delete, the file isn't moved to the Recycle Bin.

Reaction score
That is why backups are so important. However the majority of Windows users do not know what this term means.
If someone looses a big amount of files, somehow the term backup gets much more importance.

@Not Happy :

2021-07-29_202422.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks guys, (people) for you replies. Firstly R_ Summer, I deleted file by clicking on delete, I was then asked if I was sure? I confirmed I was sure.
Secondly, Grizzly, I normally do back-up, but this particular file was not, or is not important. I just wanted to have a look at something once more. When I went to my recycle bin, I noticed that all deleted files were from One Drive. Nothing from my PC files. With all the time spent during lockdown at this time, I have been cleaning up my PC. I have a fairly new PC and unfortunately it has been supplied with One Drive built in. I don't want everything over the cloud... so I took away One Drive and changed what files I didn't want over the cloud to my PC.
I am curious to know why anything I have deleted over the past couple of months do not show in my Recycle Bin. Other than anything I have deleted from One Drive. Where are my other deleted files?
Why is this so? that is my question.
Appreciate you trying to help and hope that you may have some sort of explanation. In the meantime I will keep checking my settings and maybe find another Recycle Bin somewhere. Could be a system similar to our local Shire Council, where they want us to have a few different Bins for different rubbish. Thanks again all.

Reaction score
Hi there, these settings are what I have and what I am using.
The file was not on One Drive, it was only on my PC, thing is my recycle Bin only has deleted One Drives in it. I don't know where my PC deleted files are????
I have also checked my One Drive Recycle Bin and it only has deleted One Drive files in it.

Reaction score
Maybe, if you can remember all or part of the original name of the file, a search might reveal it?

Reaction score
Thankyou everyone for all your help and suggestions. It turns out that all my deleted files in my recycle bin are headed One Drive files... even though some are not One Drive files. Why? who knows. Probably/ Possibly something to do with One Drive built into my system.
Like previous users have mentioned before, Let the user decide whether they want One Drive or not.
I will continue to use it, but when I want to use it. Thanks everyone.

Question solved..

Ask a Question