Search not working and deleted items not going to recycle bin

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

I bought a new Asus zenbook 1 week ago with windows 10 Home.
I have two problem that I spent whole day but couldnt find any solution yet.

1- My laptop has 256 SSD (C) and 1 TB HDD (D)
The problem is when I search something (I know they exist) on search bar of windows 10, it does not find mostly. That feature of windows is very vital for me

2- Second thing is; when I delete something on desktop they are not going to recycle bin. When I drop and drag then they are going. (Dont carry the folders to recycle bin option is not active already)
What should I do? If they dont have any solution then I will give the laptop back or maybe windows 7 to install again.

Reaction score
1. Does the same happen in File Explorer and its Search?

2. That action can happen if holding down the Shift key, bypasses the Recycle Bin for a full delete.

EDIT: for #2, do you get a message about sending to the Recycle Bin or about Permanently deleting the files? If not that feature may have gotten turned off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello Bighorn.
1.No, in a file explorer it is finding directly. There is no problem there. only problem in windows search
2.Yes it is asking that. but now I tried again it works. Although I didnt do anything differentç

Reaction score
Addition for the question 1: its quite interesting because I also checked if it is finding specific documents only in one disk (SSD or HDD) but there is also no difference. İt is not finding most of the documents and some of them are from HDD some of them from SSD.

Reaction score
Hello New Update:
I have finally solved the first problemç For the people face with same problem, solution is creating re index and waiting until windows complete that. (from control panel)

At the moment this second problem still continuing. I created 3 new folder and 2 txt on desktop when I klick to delete all of them. Only txt files went to recycling bin. What do I need to do to solve that :(. Folders that I created are not deleted

Last edited:

Ask a Question