SOLVED Windows 10 Pro Search box not working

Reaction score
I've just noticed that my "Search Box" is no longer working in both accounts, Local User and Local Admin. Other than an update yesterday no settings have been changed. When I type any type of search any type of search dialogue it comes up with a blank box. I have checked services.msc and "Windows Search" is running. It has to be something simple that I seem to be overlooking. Any ideas before I go to deep? I could possibly do a restore but that wouldn't point me to resolving the issue.
Left clicking Start>search brings up a dialogue box that says "We can't connect to the Web right now, but you can still search your stuff" Wrong! LOL BTW I do have an internet connection.

Reaction score
Did some more searching "Cant connect to the web message int the search box clued me in.
I had Bing IP's blocked in Spybot Anti Beacon, turned the blocking Bigng IP off. and enaabled the check box in browser search engines "Search Windows" box is back in operation. Maybe until I use Edge again (which I did on yesterday) Bing is well known for sending information back to Microsoft and I believe is the default search engine for MS Edge.

Last edited:

Ask a Question