SOLVED RETR Command

Reaction score
I use Thunderbird to read my email messages on my Win 10. Every time I open it I get the following message: "The RETR Command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail server inbound att.net responded problem retrieving messages." However, all my messages are downloaded, both at Hotmail and att. What causes this erroneous error message?

Reaction score
It seems that if you can log onto your email provider via the web you may then see the bad message and be able to delete it.

Reaction score
It seems that if you can log onto your email provider via the web you may then see the bad message and be able to delete it.
Thanks again, Tim. I logged on via the web but did not see any bad messages. I deleted them all. I hope this resolves the problem.

Reaction score
Did you check your providers Junk folder if they have one?
ATT has a "trash" folder. Nothing new there but I now deleted it. I said this problem has been "solved," but it really hasn't. I'm just going to ignore the message. Thanks.

Ask a Question