SOLVED Right click on start button not working

Reaction score
Hi, bit confused about the difference between copy and not pasting
I think the meaning is to Copy here rather than Move here, both are on the right-click menu after dragging to a different Folder. Paste is an action after using Copy.
Some keyboard commands: Ctrl+X = Delete, Ctrl + C = Copy, Ctrl + V = Paste [Highlight a file first.

Reaction score
Try this little utility to edit the right click menu. It might be easier for you

Attachments

• WinXMenuEditorRelease.zip
    238.6 KB · Views: 309
Reaction score
Well, things started to really go wrong, so I tried another reinstall of windows.
So now not only right click on start not working, but left click flashes the menu up for a millisecond then disappears.

So can't even right click and shut down PC now.

O, I will try a fresh install, then if that doesn't worm, new keyboard and mouse I suppose.

Current is Logitech K520 and I have updated the drivers.

Reaction score
WinXmenuEditor comes up with an error "This application could not be started."

And copying the target files from Group1 etc, (the ones that were not grayed out), did not work either.

I'll wait until the new keyboard and mouse arrives.

Reaction score
I can't even close Edge, (I usually use Chrome but had to start Edge to download Chrome).

The "Close all tabs" message is on screen for a millisecond then disappears so I cannot click on it, and every time I start Edge it opens all the previous tabs.

I might just treat myself to a new MB/Chip etc.

Reaction score
HI Steve,

have you tried a different mouse and KB?, it may just be a small problem with hardware incompatibility?. :confused:

Reaction score
Yep, ordered a new KB and mouse, but I don't know why it suddenly stopped working and the right/left click works on other programs.

Reaction score
New keyboard mouse, same thing.
If left click on start, then on a program that has choices, the menu just disappears.
Then, if I left click on start again, the program with the choices is now shown with the choices.
Mind you, clicking on one of the choices doesn't do anything, just takes me back to desktop.

Reaction score
Reinstalled 3 times already, one keeping settings, one not keeping settings, and again keeping settings.

No difference.

Also tried in safe mode, no difference.

Had to install my most used programs three times now.

Even without any installed straight after new install it doesn't work. Hence trying a new keyboard and mouse.

Reaction score
I am out of ideas. Looks like no other offers either from members.
From where did you obtain your Windows 10 Installation media?

Reaction score
Personal opinion. Download the media again with the media creation tool and make a fresh install from it.

Reaction score
Tried using the media creation tool as well.

Come back with a message half way through saying something like "can't be used with your current software"

Reaction score
The only thing I haven't tried is to make a bootable copy.

I have ordered a usb HDD to make OS image disk, when I have that I will try the bootable route.

Reaction score
MS guy tried creation tool, didn't work for him either, now he is downloading the 8GB ISO.

Currently 40% downloaded so he has sent me an email showing how to complete.

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I would ask a family member or friend and try using the media creator on their PC, just a suggestion. :):):)

Ask a Question