Runtime error LogonUI

Reaction score
I have a new Asus laptop, which has been running fine since I started using it about 3 weeks ago. Twice now I have gotten the following error upon booting up from a powered down state: Visual C++ Runtime error ....\system32\ LogonUI.exe .

The computer came with Windows 10 installed and is current on updates. It has an i7 Skylake processor and Nvidia 980M graphic card.

At this point I have only installed a few programs (evernote, dropbox, browsers, etc) and three games. The games require different clients to be installed: Steam, Origin, and GoG. It also has a lot of ASUS bloatware, which I haven't uninstalled.

Both times I was able to click "ok" and continue booting up. Everything seems to run fine. I have read posts from others who are unable to continue booting up after getting the message and I don't want to let this go and risk further problems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I don't have an answer but I wonder if Steam might have downloaded an old or wrong version of the C++ runtime stuff

I notice that my PC which was upgraded to W10 from W7 so isn't a fair comparison has 14 versions of C++ runtimes dating back to 2008 including both 64 and 32 bit versions!

Ask a Question