scanning document to word in win 365

Reaction score
Each time I scan a document from my HP Officejet 6600 to Word I end up with a bunch of split paragraphs, loss of page #, blank pages, etc. I'm not sure if the printer which is an AIO is causing the problem or something else I should do in word. The original document is perfect. Thank you.

Reaction score
What OCR software are you using? The version of IRIS that comes with HP printers?

Reaction score
I have a 4600 and everything is ok. I think I remember I had to go out to the HP site and download a new release of the HP software. As you probably know, for wireless scanning you need the entire software suite from HP, not just the drivers.

Reaction score
I just realized that I should clarify. I didn't notice any problem with scanning in Word 2016, but I installed the new drivers for the HP because I lost wireless scanning. To scan into Word 2013 or 2016, you can't scan directly from Word anymore. Instead they have you open a PDF file instead.

To get my PDFs, I use the Scan App from Microsoft in the Store. You have to have the correct scan drivers installed so the App can find your scanner. Then I use it to import to a PDF. Once you have saved that PDF, you can use Word's open function. Just open the PDF and Word will attempt to convert it.

For the 2-3 times I have used it, it hasn't made a single mistake.

Ask a Question