SOLVED Scanning problem

Reaction score
My printer/scanner passes all diagnostics in good order, but recently began to freeze up when asked to scan more than 5 - 6 concurrent pages. It then requires a 'power off' and 'restart' to get back to work. I have not UN-installed the printer and then RE-installed it, but that doesn't seem like something that would address this problem.

It's 18 months old, and out of its original warranty so I'm checking here to see if this problem resonates with anyone else.

Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which model printer/scanner is this?

It could be a hardware problem, rather than software/driver related. Even though the printer is out of warranty for repairs, it's like that the manufacturer would still provide technical support and advice - so it may be worth checking with them to see if it's a known issue.

Are the pages being scanned one at a time, or is it using a sheet feeder?

Reaction score
Which model printer/scanner is this?

It could be a hardware problem, rather than software/driver related. Even though the printer is out of warranty for repairs, it's like that the manufacturer would still provide technical support and advice - so it may be worth checking with them to see if it's a known issue.

Are the pages being scanned one at a time, or is it using a sheet feeder?
HP ENVY 7640, and all the drivers are updated per HP support. As mentioned earlier, I've checked most everything I can think of, with the exception of physically cleaning the printer/scanner unit.

Further assistance from HP will incur a charge at this time.

I'll mark this thread as "solved" and thank you for your reply. Have a great day.

Reaction score
Trouble, thanks for weighing in. Yes, to both questions.

Support indicated it might need cleaning.

Ask a Question