Screen opens half size

Reaction score
When opening a file the screen opens half size and nothing I have tried will give me a full screen coverage

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jan It would be nice if you told us what you have tried.
Open Settings > Personalization > Start. You will see a setting to turn Start Full Screen ON/OFF

Reaction score
Please be aware of the difference between Maximized and Full Screen. Full Screen is frequently reached by pressing the F11 key on Notebooks while Maximized/Restore is the middle icon at top right corner of program windows. Some programs can do the Full Screen thing such as movie players. Another possibility is resizing by dragging corners or sides/top/bottom to a desired size, doing so frequently lets a program open the same every time. Sometimes holding down the Ctrl key while closing a program will help is saving that sizing. An issue with Fill Screen is that does get rid of things that are in the way such as Toolbars, can cause difficulty using a program.

Reaction score
Open Settings > Personalization > Start. You will see a setting to turn Start Full Screen ON/OFF
I have done as you suggested.Start Full Screen was definitely ON but problem still exists
When I press F11 key I get a full screen on that particular file but if I press F11 again I am on half screen again.

Reaction score
Sounds like your Maximize/Restore sizing needs changing, use the dragging of the screen edges.

Ask a Question