Screen Recording on my Windows 10 Laptop doesn't work

Reaction score
So as we all know, Windows 10 comes with a screen recorder that can be found in the Xbox360 app. The problem is, every time I try to screen record while I'm gaming, in particular the new game Hitman, the game gets completely unplayable. In the first minute, I get absolutely no lag when I record Hitman, but every single time, at about 1 minute and 10 seconds, the screen starts to lag awfully and it gets stuck completely and I have to exit the game. When I check the video recorded afterwards, I notice that even the sound is stuttering right from the beginning so something is not right with the sound of the recordings and the ability to record the screen itself. When I try to simply screen record my desktop, I get no problems I can do it for as long as I want, but the sound problem will still appear, even if I'm not playing a game. I have a ROG laptop with a Intel Core i7-6700HQ, 2.60GHz 12 GB of RAM with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 965m. I run my games perfectly with no lag at all, but I just can't seem to be able to screen record Hitman. Please can anobody tell me what's wrong and if there is any way I can fix this? Thank you.

Reaction score
Thank you guys for these amazing replies. Really appreciate it. Just happier and happier that I have windows 10 everyday. Thank you Windows10 Forums, thank you.

Ask a Question