Spectre/meltdown Gigabyte BIOS update

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
This is for any Gigabyte mobo users. If you have a mobo with with the Z77/87/97 and you need/want the new BIOS update for the spectre/meltdown exploit. You will have to put in a support ticket asking them to give you the BIOS update.

So now I'm running the new F9c BIOS.....great.

Now this is what happened when I did it. As you all should know I set up my first RAID 0 and the mandatory clean install. After install the new BIOS (completely succesful), I was presented with at bootup.....missing operating system. WTFH!!!!!!!!

So the new BIOS update/upgrade broke my RAID 0....wasn't expecting that. Now I had to reset up the RAID and reinstall everything. Again...WTFH!!!! I just finished and in the process of installing all my drivers.

Just wanted to know if anybody else ever experienced this sort of thing?

Reaction score
It would be nice if Gigabyte would support their AM3+ boards. It would be nice for a bios level fix for the spectre/meltdown exploit.

Reaction score
Sounds like a scene from Oliver twist, "Please sir; can I have a BIOS update". Why on Earth do you have to line up for BIOS firmware, I would have thought that they would want to push the updates out as fast as possible?. :(

I have just updated 2 ASUS boards, quickly and no questions asked!. :)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Update!

As to the breaking of RAID with a new BIOS upgrade/update. I found out from Gigabyte that with a new BIOS it resets everything back to default.....and thus breaking the RAID. After I found that out which is SOP.....my brain clicked and said "now I remember that".

Reaction score
Update!

As to the breaking of RAID with a new BIOS upgrade/update. I found out from Gigabyte that with a new BIOS it resets everything back to default.....and thus breaking the RAID. After I found that out which is SOP.....my brain clicked and said "now I remember that".

I think you could recreate the RAID and restore a backup Drive Image. I have done this with my non-OS Raid Array I created the ARRAY in BIOS and then restored an image of my original single disk to that Array

Reaction score
I bought a new ASUS mobo recently (A320M-K) which has RGB lighting on the board which I don't need/use/want, I did some fiddling around in BIOS (UEFI) and forgot all about the lights flashing inside the case which is closed and cannot be seen by anyone unless they pull the PC out take off the side-panel!. :confused:

Note to self, remember what you do before setting it back to defaults otherwise changes won't be saved!. :)

Ask a Question