Stagefright

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone is actually following this but I find it very interesting and thought I would pass along the latest.

I'm glad that Google is finally finding out what it takes to secure an operating system, once in becomes popular enough to attract the malicious aholes that Windows has been dealing with for years.
AND
A little taste for all those folks who seem to enjoying trumpeting how invulnerable Linux based Operating Systems are to security exploits.
:):):)

https://grahamcluley.com/2015/08/bad-news-google-android-stagefright-patch

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder when the time will come that an exploit like this is found and then taken advantage of on a mass scale - as we can't be too many years away from that happening. :eek:

Reaction score
Interesting.
But I find that such articles, which can be found frequently on the web, discuss and explain vulnerabilities which only hackers with basic experience can use.

More vulnerable, are the greater percentage of common users, who open their computers, type a letter or two, and check their Email.

Are they knowledgeable, or observant enough, to know what to avoid when they find an Email which says something like "Your free gift is waiting for you. Please click to collect" etc.. etc..
This opens up much easier possibilities for the hackers.