Suddenly have 2 Music Libraries on the left-hand side of the File Explorer pane.

Reaction score
I do not know how this happened or what I may have done to cause it but I am hoping someone will be able to show me how to fix the problem.

On the left-hand pane of File Explorer, there are the standard libraries:

OneDrive
This PC
3D objects
Desktop
Documents
Downloads
Music
Pictures
Videos

I don't know what I may have done, but at present, I now have on the left-hand side of File Explorer:

OneDrive
This PC
3D objects
Desktop
Documents
Downloads
Music
Music
Videos

(See Attachment).

As you can see, there are 2 Music libraries now, one with the pictures icon on it. I would like to know how to change the one with the pictures icon on it to say, 'Pictures' instead of ' Music.'

I have tried right-clicking on it but there is no 'Rename' on the menu. When I go into 'This PC' & 'Quick access,' the ' Pictures' library is labelled 'Music' there also. If I right-click on the pictures icon then choose properties, then choose customise, what kind of folder do you want? Choose a file to show this folder icon, I can then change it to Pictures in the drop-down menu. However, this does not change it back to Pictures on the left-hand side of the File Explorer pane.

Can anyone tell me a quick pragmatic way to get 'Pictures' next to the pictures icon instead of it saying, 'Music?'

Also, what I may have done to cause this in the first place so I don't do it again, please?

Thank you

HB

Attachments

• 2 Music Folders Instead of Pictures & Music Folder.png
    2 Music Folders Instead of Pictures & Music Folder.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 13

Ask a Question