System reserved help

Reaction score
I feel like I am losing my mind. I have windows, it did not appear to have saved my previous version, Windows 7, 64 bit, cannot locate an old.windows file or folder, out of 465 gb, have used 463, cannot do the update, cannot do a back up successfully, I need some help badly. I am so not techy :( I have 67 mb free space in system reserve, I am clueless how to partition, or if I need to, or where to get information on this subject, in Windows dummy language! Help me please!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have windows
I assume means that you have upgraded to Windows 10?
it did not appear to have saved my previous version, Windows 7, 64 bit, cannot locate an old.windows file or folder
That would be Windows.OLD in the root of C:\ if it exists
out of 465 gb, have used 463
That would suggest 2 gigs free space (got my 7 year grand daughter to help with that math). and that is not a good thing, but no need to panic yet.
I have 67 mb free space in system reserve
Not a big deal the System Reserved Partition is generally relatively small anyway, somewhere between 100 and 450 megabytes.
So....... take a breath.
Open File Explorer, expand it so it is full screen.....
Click the Start Button, click All Apps, Click Windows Accessories, Click Snipping Tool
In the Snipping tool click the Down Arrow next to "New" and select "Window Snip" and then click on the file explorer Window.
That will produce an image. Save it to your desktop and attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button under the reply box.
Thanks
Randy

Ask a Question