This PC Modifications

A script to allow you to add your own sub-directories below This PC in the Navigation Pane.

1. Regedit32

Regedit32 Moderator

Regedit32 submitted a new article:

This PC Modifications - A script to allow you to add your own sub-directories below This PC in the Navigation Pane.

Read more about this article...

Regedit32, Jan 4, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Regedit32

davehc

Nice article. In my case, I never quite saw the purpose of the folder "This PC", so I removed it.

davehc, Jan 4, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Regedit32

Heathsideboy

Reg,

Any idea when ‘This PC Modifications’ is being updated and version 2 is coming out?

When you originally brought out the first version, you also asked members if there were any improvements that they would like to be added.

If I remember rightly, I gave you a few pointers on how it could be improved (I hope you noted them). This was the thread where the new software was talked about.

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/how-do-you-add-a-new-folder-in-the-navigation-pane-in-file-explorer-under-this-pc-%E2%80%99.15409/

One of the improvements I suggested if I remember rightly was about being able to attach attachments from a newly made folder using your new software to Microsoft Outlook emails.

To explain:

I made a new folder on the navigation pane using the ‘This PC Modifications’ software and called it ‘Screenshots.’

Now, any screenshots I take are automatically put into this folder as opposed to the ‘my pictures’ folder (as it used to before).

However, I have noticed that when I want to attach a screenshot from my Screenshots folder to a Microsoft Outlook 2016 email message, the Screenshots folder is not shown in the Navigation Pane in this case.

This was one of the modifications you were going to look at.

I think there were others that you may have noted down for example, this is an excerpt from one of your posts regarding ‘This PC Modifications’.

"I'll be releasing Version 2.0 of this application in the not too distant future, which will include some additional features, so to make it a little easier to modify a new folder, or delete one, I'll see what I can do about including some functionality within the application for you. That may require a version 3.0."

I think you were also going to add some more icons to choose from if I remember rightly.

Thanks

HB

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Heathsideboy, May 31, 2018
  4. Regedit32

davehc

"Reg,

Any idea when ‘This PC Modifications’ is being updated and version 2 is coming out?"

Unfortunately, regedit seems to be no longer an active member.
    I would suggest, though, that the reason for the "ver 2" is due to several changes having been made to Windows 10 -
    In my instance, for example, in the earlier conversation I stated I had removed "This PC" as having no particular valu for me. Since then, it is no longer possible, by any means of which I am aware.

davehc, May 31, 2018
  5. Regedit32

Heathsideboy

Hi Dave,

Really, Reg has gone for good? That's such a shame as he was such a knowledgeable member especially where things were concerned with the registry.

Does Ian know this? I guess he must.

Thanks for letting me know.

HB

Heathsideboy, May 31, 2018
  6. Regedit32

Ian Administrator

I've dropped him a message on here and via e-mail, but I've not heard anything - so I'm really hoping he's ok. I'm sure if he were able to, he'd have replied or been online - so please keep your fingers crossed :).

Ian, Jun 1, 2018
  7. Regedit32

Heathsideboy

Okay, thanks for letting me know Ian.

HB

Heathsideboy, Jun 1, 2018
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question