This PC Modifications

This PC Modifications

Regedit32

Reaction score
Regedit32 submitted a new article:

This PC Modifications - A script to allow you to add your own sub-directories below This PC in the Navigation Pane.

Recently one of our guests commented on the Navigation Pane in regards to removing the 3D Objects sub-directory, or renaming it for the purpose of storing personal files in.

For those of you familiar with Windows over the years, you will realize that what once was named My Computer was changed to be named Computer then in Windows 8 we saw a new name, that being This PC which Windows 10 also has.

The default sub-directories for This PC are:
  • Desktop...

Read more about this article...

Reaction score
Nice article. In my case, I never quite saw the purpose of the folder "This PC", so I removed it.

Reaction score
Reg,

Any idea when ‘This PC Modifications’ is being updated and version 2 is coming out?

When you originally brought out the first version, you also asked members if there were any improvements that they would like to be added.

If I remember rightly, I gave you a few pointers on how it could be improved (I hope you noted them). This was the thread where the new software was talked about.

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/how-do-you-add-a-new-folder-in-the-navigation-pane-in-file-explorer-under-this-pc-%E2%80%99.15409/

One of the improvements I suggested if I remember rightly was about being able to attach attachments from a newly made folder using your new software to Microsoft Outlook emails.

To explain:

I made a new folder on the navigation pane using the ‘This PC Modifications’ software and called it ‘Screenshots.’

Now, any screenshots I take are automatically put into this folder as opposed to the ‘my pictures’ folder (as it used to before).

However, I have noticed that when I want to attach a screenshot from my Screenshots folder to a Microsoft Outlook 2016 email message, the Screenshots folder is not shown in the Navigation Pane in this case.

This was one of the modifications you were going to look at.

I think there were others that you may have noted down for example, this is an excerpt from one of your posts regarding ‘This PC Modifications’.

"I'll be releasing Version 2.0 of this application in the not too distant future, which will include some additional features, so to make it a little easier to modify a new folder, or delete one, I'll see what I can do about including some functionality within the application for you. That may require a version 3.0."

I think you were also going to add some more icons to choose from if I remember rightly.

Thanks

HB

Last edited:
Reaction score
"Reg,

Any idea when ‘This PC Modifications’ is being updated and version 2 is coming out?"

Unfortunately, regedit seems to be no longer an active member.
I would suggest, though, that the reason for the "ver 2" is due to several changes having been made to Windows 10 -
In my instance, for example, in the earlier conversation I stated I had removed "This PC" as having no particular valu for me. Since then, it is no longer possible, by any means of which I am aware.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, regedit seems to be no longer an active member.

Hi Dave,

Really, Reg has gone for good? That's such a shame as he was such a knowledgeable member especially where things were concerned with the registry.

Does Ian know this? I guess he must.

Thanks for letting me know.

HB

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Really, Reg has gone for good? That's such a shame as he was such a knowledgeable member especially where things were concerned with the registry.

I've dropped him a message on here and via e-mail, but I've not heard anything - so I'm really hoping he's ok. I'm sure if he were able to, he'd have replied or been online - so please keep your fingers crossed :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately not :(. A few weeks ago I had a search to see if I could find any more details, but couldn't find anything. I'm quite worried, but hopeful we'll hear something to know if he's ok.

Reaction score
Hi I just wanna know how to remove it lol. I ended up wanting to remove the subdirectory I made but the programs only creates not delete lol

Lev

Reaction score
I have the same problem now haha, did you figured out how to do it?
Hi I just wanna know how to remove it lol. I ended up wanting to remove the subdirectory I made but the programs only creates not delete lol