SOLVED Threads ... Forums ...

Reaction score
If I posted a thread in a particular forum, and I do not get usable answers, does it make sense to ask the question also in different forums? Do I then have to repeat the question from A to Z, or is there a method to alert an other forum to my question?

Reaction score
If you are not getting an answer then no one seems to know the answer. Alerting other forums will not alert a different crowd (unless you use a different site). Everyone sees all forums and will respond when they see a thread they think/know they can answer. In fact multi-posting may get your duplicates deleted.

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a "method", but, traditionally on forums, if a question goes unanswered, it is possible that, due to the time/time zones etc, it could have been missed. Then just post a following note with just the word "Bump"

Reaction score
I find that a lot of questions are only answerable if more detail is given...and so often it isn't. THe equivalent of going to the garage and saying 'my car doesn't feel right, fix it please'

Last edited:
Reaction score
"'my car doesn't feel right, fit it please'" That sounds like my wife!!

Reaction score
Mine too! But you see the point of course. W10 and its assorted maladies is even more complicated than a modern car. and when you are not even told anything about hardware or the version of W10...

Bif

Reaction score
I've always considered cross postings as a forum faux pas...

Reaction score
If you are not getting an answer then no one seems to know the answer. Alerting other forums will not alert a different crowd (unless you use a different site). Everyone sees all forums and will respond when they see a thread they think/know they can answer. In fact multi-posting may get your duplicates deleted.
Thank you ... Clear enough!

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a "method", but, traditionally on forums, if a question goes unanswered, it is possible that, due to the time/time zones etc, it could have been missed. Then just post a following note with just the word "Bump"
I do not understand this; sorry

Reaction score
I find that a lot of questions are only answerable if more detail is given...and so often it isn't. THe equivalent of going to the garage and saying 'my car doesn't feel right, fix it please'
May I then lead you to the "Installation etc."-forum to my question on the possibility to avoid double key strikes. Could you please tell me what is unclear in that question ....

Reaction score
I do not understand this; sorry
He simply means if your thread seems to have gone by unnoticed, you might can draw attention by commenting again. Some people use the word "bump". By commenting again you are bringing the thread back to the top of unread threads and increasing the chances of being seen.

Reaction score
He simply means if your thread seems to have gone by unnoticed, you might can draw attention by commenting again. Some people use the word "bump". By commenting again you are bringing the thread back to the top of unread threads and increasing the chances of being seen.
Thank you for explaining the "slang" to me; I'll follow the suggestion.

Ask a Question