SOLVED New Threads option fails

Reaction score
I have posted new threads on several different forums but they do not appear when I select "New Threads". In fact that option seems useless. Now I am forced to look at each and every forum if I wish to stay current. Of course the alerts keep me somewhat appraised of activity. The "Latest Threads" column on the right side has some current threads.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
but they do not appear when I select "New Threads".
Where are you choosing "New Threads" from?
If you are talking about the "New Posts" link in the menu bar along the top then, posts and or threads that you have viewed will not show unless you click that and then also click the "Recent Posts" link near the top right of the resultant page.
If you've viewed them which includes you having created them, then they will be absent from "New Posts" but should show when you click the "Recent Posts" link.

Reaction score
That is right, "New Posts". . I expected to see all new posts. I just opened a post I have never viewed but I do not see the "Recent Posts" link you refer to. I do see 2 links at the top which say "New Posts"

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
NewPosts.JPG

Reaction score
I see it now, Thank you. I also found the "Quick Navigation" menu with "Recent Activity" which is more like what I was looking for. I am well armed now to navigate this most rewarding forum.

Reaction score
I realise this is an oldish thread, but I was drawn to this in view of your more recent one, regarding !recent activity.

Got me curious. I thought I knew my way around the site, but I am darned if I can find anything called "Quick Navigation" ?? (or "Recent Activity)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Got me curious. I thought I knew my way around the site, but I am darned if I can find anything called "Quick Navigation" ?? (or "Recent Activity)

They're a bit hidden - I don't use either features myself! You can access the quick nav menu at the top of most pages by clicking the little icon marked on the screenshot below (to the right). The Recent activity menu can be accessed from there, or the Members dropdown at the top of the page (also marked on screenshot). Hope that helps :).

Attachments

• W10.png
    W10.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 628
Reaction score
They're a bit hidden - I don't use either features myself! You can access the quick nav menu at the top of most pages by clicking the little icon marked on the screenshot below (to the right). The Recent activity menu can be accessed from there, or the Members dropdown at the top of the page (also marked on screenshot). Hope that helps :).

It is the only way I navigate the forum. I do not go to individual forums or watched threads. I do click on Alerts sometimes in the morning as scrolling down all the activity which occurred overnight can take awhile.

I think "Recent Activity" should be made more obvious (at the top of the page) as it is a great resource.

Tip: "Recent Activity" is refreshed easily because there is a very obvious button at the top along with some other Useful Options.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It is the only way I navigate the forum.
Cool.... I've actually never used it at all.
I typically use the New Posts link and the Unanswered Threads to get around. I guess we all have our own methods of doing things.

Reaction score
Cool.... I've actually never used it at all.
I typically use the New Posts link and the Unanswered Threads to get around. I guess we all have our own methods of doing things.

Yep, I learned to do this on an other forum which called the option "New Posts" The great thing about it is that all forum posts are merged so there is no need to search individual forums. It makes navigating simpler and more fun. Even with the problem I am having as mentioned above.

I am also now looking at the "New Profile Posts" but the first thing I see (or do not see) is this post. In "Recent Activity" it is right up near the top.

Last edited:

Ask a Question